Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any truth to "too young to snowboard"???
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
Absolutely if he is athletic in anyway at all he will be more than ready. Also if he is interested and asking about snowboarding its time for him to start standing sideways!! The only kids that haven't developed enough for snowboarding are the obvious overweight couch potatoes.
Haha, he is definitely not a overweight couch potatoe. He is super skinny and toned (kinda looks like a mini adult) and runs and jumps around the house all day. I'm afraid he as ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrat View Post
My opinion: If you have the time and energy to walk with them for the first few months, it's well worth it to start them as early as they're willing
Sounds good man. I'm all about spending the time with him to help him learn, it's fun for me. Before he had ski lessons I took him for a few days on the magic carpet and spent the entire time running backwards down the hill yelling "pizza wedge" while he just strait lined lined, giggling all the way to the bottom until I caught him.

Thanks for the advice. I think I might trade in his skis for a board at the rental place and let him try riding a few times before the season is over. Then let him decide what type of lessons he takes next year.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote