Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I need a hobby - Pick one for me
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
jello24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarrenn View Post
Thanks for the info. Would longboarding in anyway relate to snowboarding? Mainly, if I get into longboarding, would that benefit my snowboarding skills directly?
I would say no if you're using it as a direct 1:1 training tool for snowboarding. You may never get the same turns on pavement as you will on snow, depending on how your longboard is setup. Your stance on a longboard is also very different than a snowboard, given that you can be standing straight up when cruising or have your back foot further back on the kicktail if your board has one.

If anything, you can skate to the lift lines significantly faster now. You'll be the fastest skater on your mountain if that counts for anything.

In any case, it's something fun to do in the summer. It's not completely related to snowboarding, but have fun with it, see where it can take you. It's a hobby after all. Sometimes it's a good idea to change things up a bit.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote