Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question about lessons
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
jcraft

Default Question about lessons

I have never been snowboarding. Last time I was on snow was about 15 years ago and that was the first time I had been on ski's.

My family and I are headed to Winter Park in a few weeks and my younger brother (who has been a few times these last few years) has convinced me to try snowboarding this time. Obviously lessons will need to be taken.

I plan on taking the beginners lesson the first day on the slopes. My question regards taking a second lesson. Should I take a second lesson on my second day of being on the mountain, or would it be more prudent to take the first lesson, use the second day to continue practicing and then take another lesson the third day? or should I forgo the second lesson all together?

As a first time boarder, what reasonable expectations should I have the first time out? We will be on the mountain for 5 days. I have watched quite a few how-to videos online to try to get a feel for the basics and hope that it will help me pick up the sport quicker.

Last thing: I recently (within last 1.5 months) started back at the gym. In preparation of the trip, is there any specific exercises that I should be doing so I'm not sore and in pain after my first day on a board?

Thank you all in advance!
jcraft is offline   Reply With Quote