Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Teaching in Tahoe
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
kctahoe

Depending on how the economy is in five years reno is horrible. It took my cousin about 6-8 months to find a teaching job in Reno, granted it was elementy school, i dont know about high school. But i beleive Nevada has the worst unempolyment in the country as of right now. Thers lots of places to live outside of Sacramento and still commute to sac for a job. Like folsom or farhter north placerville, Sac is about 30-45 min form these places, and SLT is about an hour from there. On the northern side there are 3 or 4 smaller cities all within 30 min from sac and about an hour to an hour and a half to tahoe.I think you would have a better chance finding a job in CA its just a lot more expensive. But as far as anything close to tahoe it will be very hard to find steady employment, but like everybody said why are you set on Northstar? I rode Northstar for years and this year got a Alpine/Squaw pass and it really openned my eyes, Northstar doesnt have shit comapred to others places terrain wise, now park they are one of the best. But Heavenly and sierra both have great parks too and much better terrain, same with squaw on the northshore.
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote