Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocked at Waterville Valley
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwwwyeeee View Post
Dude that really sucks! Were you wearing a helmet? I understand that you were done for anyway even with one but damn how long did the concussion last and you probably blacked out too didn't you?
I was out instantly, came to for a bit for ski patrol to ask me some questions and check my eyes, then passed out, came to while the put me on the sled, then passed out again. They kept yelling my name and asking me to stay with them but it was useless.

The next thing I remember I was waking up in the med hut and caught something about sending me out in an ambulance. That made me perk up and I tried sitting up and blacked out again. I came to and told them I'm def not going in an ambulance. I told my bro if I don't improve on the way home then we'll go. They kept me for another 30 min for observation and I got my bearings back enough to walk to the car. I feel better now but still a little hazy and dizzy from time to time, and my pelvis hurts like hell. I did some reading about concussions and I should be all set. I just have to rest.

The worst part is it was the second run of the day and we've had such a shitty winter. WV got 8 inches of snow over the last 3 days and it was bluebird, warm, and fresh corduroy as far as you could see. By far the best snow of the season, and I only got one run on it. Next time I'll have to take some test runs to see how the surface has changed before I point it. Live and learn I guess.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote