Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

All Mountain Freestyle Board

8K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Nivek 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I am looking for a hybrid camber all mountain freestyle board. I ride jumps, rails, and every part of the mountain. I like using natural features. I am currently between the GNU Altered Genetics and the Lib Tech Banana Magic. Does anyone have any input on either?

#3 ·
Both overpriced.

Other than magne, which in my opinion is too much anyway, the Forum Destroyer Doubledog is just as good and at least $100 cheaper if you just have to have RC. Also there is the Flow Era which in my experience the sidecut on this has the most grip out of anything without specially designed gripping tech. Cheaper still than the Doubledog too.

Other fantastic all mountain capable park decks are the Nitro Rook, 2013 Signal OG Flat, Rome Reverb Rocker, Arbor Westmark/Blacklist, Bataleon ET or Whatever, Burton Joystick or Hero.

#8 ·
Same board Nivek? Come on....the dampening and feel of the C2 vs double dog alone is night and day different. I've ridden the Forum DD Destroyer. Very fun board, but be prepared. This thing feels everything. For better or worse. Afternoon chop, and you'll hate this board. It definitely is fun. Not too squirely, despite more pronounced rocker zones. Pretty good pop. But I was lucky enough to catch a day with fairly heavy chop in the afternoon at the top of the mountain, and ice at the bottom, and this board was average at best with both conditions. Borderline bad with dampening.

If all you do is play in the park, ride fresh snow, or morning groomers....good board to look at. If you have any desire to drop in bowls, ride aggressive steeps, and hit runs hard still in the afternoon, this isn't your board.

#9 ·
Well I rode it on a gnarly spring day at A-Basin with chopped out frozen old pow blocks. Did pretty well for me in the chop. Was it super damp? No, but since when do you want a PARK board to be super damp so you can't feel whats underneath you? I never would. To lose the feel of whats underneath you inhibits your fine adjustments on takeoff. Its great for an all mountain stick, but that's not the priority here.

Anyhow, that was just one of my list suggestions, and it was there if he really just has to have RC.

If were going to the dampening thing, I could just say... Evo.

#19 ·
Well I'm SHOCKED no one has mentioned Never Summer yet...but I would throw the Heritage into/onto your list. I was a Lib Tech guy going back to my 93/94 Matt Cummins but because of all the talk on here I tried the Heritage last year and I'm a convert. IMO the only area in which the Mervin boards are better than the Heritage is ice hold. Mangetraction is AWESOME on ice...but I find the Heritage to be more playful than the T.Rice I was riding before it...to me more of an all mountain/freestyle board.

#26 ·
Nivek, I love Lib Tech but would hardly consider myself a fan boy. I have a Capita Ultrafear, Yes Optimistic, and a T Rice. Every Lib I have ridden does what I like in terms of dampening and edge to edge quickness. I also really like C2.

If you hate their marketing, fine. But they make good boards. I'm not partial. I've stated millions of times, I'm trying to find something I like better than my T Rice. Haven't found it yet. Have also stated I didn't enjoy the TRS or Attack Banana.

Look forward to trying a signal. But have to say, if it's anything like the Joystick or Hero, I'll dislike it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.