Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Not impressed with Whistler/Blackcomb
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
deeken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post
You know one of the biggest fears I have when putting on a meet is the weather. That is something you cannot control and yet the most critical.

Ive said it around these forums recently that the winter was really shitty for everyone. Sure a few pockets survived no problem but in all honesty every resort had issues this year. From what I read their might even be a drought out west. The east will more than likely have the same similar issue..

Alot of peoples vacations were effected in this way. I dont think any resort could or should be held accountable for it unless of course they didnt maintain the oonditions best they could.

The only reason Jay peak made any money was because of their new indoor waterpark. If they didnt have that they were screwed. It was brown 13 days before we all got there...lucky us I guess

I think we should all throw this year out and see what next year brings
But the conditions at Whistler/blackcomb were not that terrible. Yes, we here on the Northeast have been suffering through a shitty Winter but they did get some decent snow up there. My major gripe with Whistler/Blackcomb was their ridiculous lift system, excessive traversing and lack of trails catered for snowboarders. Yes conditions were not the best but is was no where near as bad as what we got.
deeken is offline   Reply With Quote