Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowboard beginner needing advices!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
SnowboardStarte

Default snowboard beginner needing advices!

hey guys so, this season i started snowboarding more and i bought a new snowboard along with boots and stuff. my snowboard is a rossignol district 156MW (i know its not really great) along with burton invader boots. im riding goofy (i think , right foot in front at 15 degree angle).

i would like to get some advices to improve my snowboarding technique, i have a difficulty to ride flat, my board always ends up turning on itself and making me fall when the side of my board bites the snow. also if you guys have any tips of what tricks i should start to try doing first it would be nice, at my ski resort theres like beginner "small" big-air i could practice on but i just dont know which tricks to start with and how to do them

also, i have not waxed my snowboard since i bought it new i thought the wax job on it would be ok but ive read a few threads on here and from what i gathered, the wax job from manufacturers is not good at all. and i did some rails with my board since whene and ive notice some scatches on my snow, is it because the wax job isnt properly done (first time trying out stuff on rails) i live in quebec and near where i live theres not really any snowboard shops other than a crappy one in a ski/snowboarding resort so i was wondering if waxing my own snow was worth it in the long run. ive also checked on websites for wax kits nd stuff, i had this kit put out but it costed like 105$ USD but when i arrived to see how much the shipping fees would be it was outrageous , it was like 70$ shipping for a 100$ purchase :s i read a bit on the amazon wiki-type thing and i think this was due to some agreements between canada and us concerning certain brands and that it why they charge that much? the kit was : http://www.amazon.com/Dakine-Deluxe-...ductPromotions
Amazon.com: Hertel "Super Hot Sauce" All Temperature Ski and Snowboard Wax, 3/4 lb Brick: Sports & Outdoors
Amazon.com: SKS Ski Snowboard Wax Iron: Sports & Outdoors

i tried looking on these forums for similar thread but the only i could find (using google) were pretty outdated and most of the linked kits/website were not existing anymore

any helps you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

~a noob rider~
SnowboardStarte is offline   Reply With Quote