Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Banff and Lake Louise getting nuked!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnew View Post
omg lol. yeah i don't think i'll be going to nakiska, i heard it's fairly small. i'm gonna head to sunshine, hit up the park a bit and blast down some groomed runs and i think that'll be it for the season for me...i'd love to do a trip to revelstoke before this season ends but no one seems to have the funds nor the time to go with me so that will probably have to wait until next year
I'd rather go to Nakiska than sunshine any day. Way too many flat areas at sunshine although the park seems decent. Nakiska certainly isn't small, 2400 feet or so. I'm sure on powder days sunshine is great, but when you look at my GPS stats I'm doing WAY more vertical vs. horizontal at Nakiska. I'd rather drive the 20 minutes farther and be at Lake Louise if I'm going all the way past Banff anyway.

Yeah, when I moved out here Nak seemed to have a bad reputation but it's actually a great resort to have 1:10 away from my house.

We're doing another Fernie trip in a couple weeks. GF just had laser eye surgery today (mine was 4 years ago), and we're going to try to hit kicking horse at least once this year. Pretty sure I want all RCR resorts plus lake louise on my season pass next year. That'd be Fernie, Kimberley, Nakiska, Kicking Horse + Lake Louise. I'm betting it'll be about $1300 on pre-season deals which isn't bad.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote