Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All Mountain Freestyle Board
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkShredder View Post
Just out of curiosity what kind of things does Mervin misrepresent?
It's not a misrepresentation issue i have with them. Its an over hype issue. They play this hype game to make it feel as though all other products are inferior to theres. When BTX hit the market in the first SB they claimed it was basically the end all be all of snowboards. Next year when they were still pushing that NS came out with RC. Year after that so did Mervin, then tried to get a patent on it. They dont tuck their edges then claim better durability. Its more common to pull that tucked edge out than it is to break your core with a head on collision. Which is where they "claim" better durablility. When really no edge on the tip leads to mangled noses and delams. They play to this whole made in the US is vastly superior and put forth this small company vibe, when they're owned by Quiksilver. I know what it takes to make a board in the US, they ddont need to charge $400 for a CC. The Signal Park has no less exotic or quality materials and a sintered base and is only $360. Where's the justification for that $40 price? BTX? A mold only costs so much and they've broken even by now with that one by now.

There's other stuff but there ya go for starters (:

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote