Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - East Coast Rider Seeking Advice on New Deck
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
blayze

Thanks for all the fabulous feedback. You guys have given me a lot to chew on.

I've narrowed it down to:

1) Lib-Tech TRS 148 Narrow
2) Signal Omni 150 (never heard of this company, but the reviews are great)
3) Never Summer SL 151 (everyone on most forums I read seem to love this company)

I think I'm leaning towards the TRS only because the description sounds like's specifically made for my kind of riding style, and because it's the shortest board + narrow design which is good for my size 7 boot - although I'm a tad concerned about the heaviness factor mentioned above.

The Signal Omni and NS SL sound like very capable boards (especially the NS), but from reading the description these sound like they are designed more to be all-mountain/park hybrids as opposed to something designed more specifically for my purposes like the TRS.

The NS SL specifically seems like its gears more for freestyle than freeride (SL | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV), which concerns me because I spend zero time in the park. Additionally, 151 is only 1cm shorter than my current 152 Custom X... I really wanted something less than 150 that would enable me to nail sharp turns and swing the board around quicker in the glades and moguls.

Would you guys agree with my assessment? Let me know if you have any other suggestions for decks!
blayze is offline   Reply With Quote