Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally SoCal is getting some snow
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #104 (permalink)

Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope your friend is alright!!! What was he doing that he hit his head that hard? I guess the upside is that it happened early enough in the day that you both could have gotten your ticket refunded/rain-checked for another day this season. Next time your friend gets up on the mountain, tell him to wear his helmet! Stories like this make me want to buy a helmet, real bad...
He's alright just gets dizzy when he leans his head back.
I stopped riding and took him home from the hospital. it only took about an hour.

Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
You don't have to be going that fast to get a concussion. I was getting off the lift one time and rammed into a person that was just standing on the off ramp. She saw me come and pushed me back. We both fell but I fell while flipped back and landed on the back of my head with a resounding thud. I was dizzy for a good 20 seconds.

Good thing I was wearing my helmet. It was only later that I realized the fall broke the suspension straps/frame inside my helmet. If I were not wearing a helmet I would have gotten a minor concussion, if not worse.
Yeah. Im a firm believer in the helmet especially after wacking my head a few months ago.
D1CKER1 is offline   Reply With Quote