Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally SoCal is getting some snow
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #104 (permalink)
D1CKER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope your friend is alright!!! What was he doing that he hit his head that hard? I guess the upside is that it happened early enough in the day that you both could have gotten your ticket refunded/rain-checked for another day this season. Next time your friend gets up on the mountain, tell him to wear his helmet! Stories like this make me want to buy a helmet, real bad...
He's alright just gets dizzy when he leans his head back.
I stopped riding and took him home from the hospital. it only took about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
You don't have to be going that fast to get a concussion. I was getting off the lift one time and rammed into a person that was just standing on the off ramp. She saw me come and pushed me back. We both fell but I fell while flipped back and landed on the back of my head with a resounding thud. I was dizzy for a good 20 seconds.

Good thing I was wearing my helmet. It was only later that I realized the fall broke the suspension straps/frame inside my helmet. If I were not wearing a helmet I would have gotten a minor concussion, if not worse.
Yeah. Im a firm believer in the helmet especially after wacking my head a few months ago.
D1CKER1 is offline   Reply With Quote