Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Driving Long Distance
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
LiVeRideFcK

So I made the drive and a lot of shit you all suggested worked flawlessly. The one thing that exceeded the most, was listening to my favorite morning show podcast for 8 hours of the drive. During that time not a hint of tiredness happened but when the playlist was over it kicked in pretty hard. I stayed away from caffeine at first and drank vitamin water and plain water which i think really helped. Only got tired after that playlist so i pulled over and took a nap (mistakenly 2 hours) lol but it was great. I woke up, drank a five hour energy and jammed the rest of the way. Kinda fun actually.

For anyone else who needs tips in the future, the things that really helped I think.
First the podcasts and standup comedy audio. Kept me interested and involved.
I don't dip but i dipped today and ate sunflower seeds, think it helped.
Ate salty snacks, didn't eat big meals, and drank vitamin water.
When i got to half a tank i started looking for the next gas station, I think someone suggested this (really helped)
At the half tank fill ups, got out stretched, jumped, ran in place, and went to the bathroom.
The nap was the best decision by far, when i woke up around 4 i drank a 5hr energy and the next 6 hours was extremely easy.
Oh and i know its weird but i had some scope (mouthwash in my car) When i used that i felt like a shock of awakeness idk just sayin.

Didn't think it was gonna be that easy glad i asked you all for tips. Appreciate it.
LiVeRideFcK is offline   Reply With Quote