Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding again, need advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
FlyinNRidin

Default Snowboarding again, need advice.

I have not snowboarded in about 3 years, I recently got a new board and had a few questions. (it's a couple year old burton canyon)

I seem to be very confident on my toe edge carving, although I am not really falling, I do not have a lot of confidence when I go from Toe back to the Heel edge... Where do you shift your weight to go from toe to heel? from heel to toe, I put pressure on the front ball of my front foot and kind of kick out my backfoot and get the board around okay, when you go from toe to heel transition should I have most of my weight on my front foot or my back foot.

I find myself on my toe edge a lot, when i am on my heel I seem to skip and chatter more.

Also, when I ski, I can straight line it down the mountain and just go with confidence. Boarding I feel like I always have to be on a heel or toe edge, what weighted position do you get in just to head straight and fast down towards a cat trail?

I love the ride of boarding equally, it's just I do not fully trust that moment of transition when you are in the middle of a high speed turn, when the board is flat for a second, that I am not going to eat it.

Thanks for the input.
FlyinNRidin is offline   Reply With Quote