Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - will i be able to jump on this board?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lcdel

Default will i be able to jump on this board?

so i'm going to buy a new board for next season, and i was pretty set on the Proto CT 152 until i demo'd it.
the board was the right size, flex, feel and width for me, but i'm a girl so compared to the girl's freestyle board i demo'd (the infinity, didn't like it..felt unstable and stiff) it was quite a bit heavier. I'm already on a guy's board which is even heavier than the proto so normally it wouldn't be a problem, but i want to start learning freestyle, jumps, and a little jibbing and i'm worried that the proto'll be too heavy for me to get good air on, and even if i do, to do boardgrabs and all that fun stuff.
am i worrying over nothing, or should i look for a different board?

as a side note, im looking more for guy's boards unless i find a GREAT girl's board because i have size 10 boots (they say 9+ is big for a girl's board) and IMO they don't feel as flimsy, so im willing to sacrifice a little edge-to-edge speed not to mention it broadens my options

Last edited by Lcdel; 03-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Lcdel is offline   Reply With Quote