Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - will i be able to jump on this board?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcdel View Post
good point, i didn't think about it like that
should be fine for me then, and i can always run a marathon a day to make my legs stronger if need be
Yeah just for shits and giggles I measured all the boards I had at home last year:

- 2011 Burton T7 159
- 2010 K2 Luna 148 (my GFs board)
- 1995 Kemper Freestyle 153 (my old board)

Weight including bindings for all boards was roughly 10 pounds +- 1 pound. Her board was about .5 lb lighter than my T7, which was about .5 pound lighter than my old Kemper. They also were all quite close in waist width. I'll check again when I get home but my board should be massively heavy compared to my GFs if you just look at size (and the fact that it's super stiff) but yeah.

If you're athletic you've got nothing to worry about. People tell me I should get a different board for powder cause they think my T7 is too stiff and cambered, I tell them I'm not there to take it easy I'm there for a workout. Good luck on your purchase!

edit:
Just looked it up on my home computer. The T7 weighed 11 pounds, the Kemper FS was 11 pounds, and the K2 Luna was 9.4, these figures were all with bindings mounted of course. So interesting to note that a much shorter womens board, that is also designed to be less stiff than my T7, was actually relatively close in weight.

Last edited by poutanen; 03-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote