Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Worth going to Snowbird in May?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think your only option in Utah in May is Snowbird, I am pretty sure that the other resorts are already closed. If you are desperate for snow, go to Timberline, in Oregon. Just to give a gist of their situation, their yearly average is 400" inches of snow, this season so far they got 785" inches thats almost DOUBLE , and there is no sign of it stopping. The conditions are remarkable for this time of the year, I have a trip planned for May 5. In addition to that you ride for pretty cheap with the spring pass they have going on $99 bucks for unlimited ridding.

If you need any info on anything feel free to PM me, there is another post here with plenty of information about Mt.hood.

Just so you know I was in the same situation you are in, I was trying to decide if to go to snowbird or Timberline, I am glad that I choose Timberline. Yes their terrain does not compare to snowbird but the conditions cannot be be compared. Plus its closer to San Diego which means a cheaper Airline ticket.

They have a base depth of 238", look at the picture the snow is to the roof of the lodge, thats from today. here is the resort website Timberline Lodge - Conditions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg popup_tline.jpg (16.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 04-24-2008 at 05:39 PM.