Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Worth going to Snowbird in May?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I think your only option in Utah in May is Snowbird, I am pretty sure that the other resorts are already closed. If you are desperate for snow, go to Timberline, in Oregon. Just to give a gist of their situation, their yearly average is 400" inches of snow, this season so far they got 785" inches thats almost DOUBLE , and there is no sign of it stopping. The conditions are remarkable for this time of the year, I have a trip planned for May 5. In addition to that you ride for pretty cheap with the spring pass they have going on $99 bucks for unlimited ridding.

If you need any info on anything feel free to PM me, there is another post here with plenty of information about Mt.hood. http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...ed-untill.html

Just so you know I was in the same situation you are in, I was trying to decide if to go to snowbird or Timberline, I am glad that I choose Timberline. Yes their terrain does not compare to snowbird but the conditions cannot be be compared. Plus its closer to San Diego which means a cheaper Airline ticket.

They have a base depth of 238", look at the picture the snow is to the roof of the lodge, thats from today. here is the resort website Timberline Lodge - Conditions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg popup_tline.jpg (16.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 04-24-2008 at 06:39 PM.