Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: Utah is still in sad shape
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowvols
Veteran Member

Default TR: Utah is still in sad shape

Opted to dawn patrol Argenta this morning with a few guys. Was a pretty good crew, but I got too greedy in terrain selection. I should have picked more mellow terrain since it was a couple guys second day touring. Instead I picked the toughest skin track in BCC. Due to this we didn't reach our objective before frustration took over due to steep icy skin tracks and we turned around on the ridge. Coming down the Argenta slide path was pretty miserable. Up high from the ridge down to the end of the headwall was money. It was North facing pow. Once you got off of true north though it turned to a nasty crust. There was a heat and/or a wind crust depending on where you were at. In the slide path were tons of shrubs you had to navigate. Those were not fun especially thinking last year they were covered.

There is a nice flip in here from dropping a small rock with my nose burying under a super stout crust.

Finally the sun is rising. Time to take the head lamps off

Skinning up Argenta.

Kessler summit and a nice chute I wanted to bag

Broads Fork Area

Coming up the headwall where the skin track was icy and chewed up by a snowshoer. Pretty lame if you ask me.

My line coming down

Last edited by snowvols; 03-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote