Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - how NOT to do skidded turns on ice
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

unless you are riding great conditions on the right terrain you cant help but "skid", you cant expect to leave that pencil line in the snow every time you go out and ride any terrain, hell i do some sort of skid almost all the time just because i ride terrain that isnt conducive to true carving. When you are on solid ice all you can do is crouch down low, and slide sideways praying to god you dont wash out. i rode some pretty bad ice the other night after the sun went down, and i gotta say it was fairly scary and just not any fun. every time i would get going and try to slow down again i would just start sliding unpredictably so i squated low and started swearing to my self. at one point i plowed right into my friend because i couldnt stop in time, it was still pretty funny. it didnt help that i had my detuned park board either, bu oh well. basically i said that if this is what the east coast people got all winter i would shoot myself in the foot so i didnt have to ride it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote