Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - how NOT to do skidded turns on ice
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
firstx1017

I guess I'm just not sure how you should ride in certain terrain. I was watching people on the chairlifts and they ALL seemed to be skidding their turns - only saw a few with a pencil line and they were just plain bombing - something I just will not ever want to do. But then just because "everyone" is doing it, doesn't mean they are doing it correctly either. It didn't show in these videos but most of the times I hit an ice spot was on my toe edge - so of course, after that I get very panicky going to my toe edge and thus trying to lean more and get higher on that edge just plain freaks me out. I haven't been in any great conditions this year where there is some snow for you to dig into and make those great turns trying to "scarve" it seems.

So, when it is hard packed groomed like that and makes that awful icy noise, do you just point your board straight down the mountain with quick heel edge turns? Guess I just need to know how to ride in these conditions.

Because of the hard packed I didn't even want to venture anything harder cause with the wind blowing the snow was blowing off and you were left with just ice. Didn't even stay long enough to see if it would soften up.... :-(

Last edited by firstx1017; 03-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote