Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Breckenridge / Keystone / Vail early April
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
budderbear

Keystone does indeed have $5 cat rides, but from the outback (3rd) mountain only. You can also hike any of the 3 mtns but dercum mtn hiking only goes to the windows. If you want to do independence bowl you have to hike from the outpost mtn. If you do independence you also have to hike all the way back out so keep that in mind. I haven't been to keystone in a few weeks but when I went I hit up Bergman bowl off the outpost mtn. Conditions where o.k. I guess. I didn't hit any rocks or crap but it just was NOT worth the hike at all, would have been better off on the runs. If it wasn't stellar then, I doubt it has gotten any better and more then likely worse I went to breck 2 weeks ago or so when they got that 11" and it was probably my best day of the season. I went up to imperial around noon when they got done blasting up there and it was sweet. Hiked the little bit further to get to the top though and it was windy as shit. Almost blowing people and there boards off the mtn, but once you dropped in the wind was gone and there was powder up to my waist. Meh long story short either resort will still be fun, but don't get your hopes up as far as off piste or side country stuff, Unless you have a rock board that stuff is pretty much done. Except if we get hammered and I eat my own words

Last edited by budderbear; 03-12-2012 at 01:36 PM.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote