Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - how NOT to do skidded turns on ice
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
firstx1017

CASI Level 2 Standards 2010 - YouTube,

Okay, this video helped and I see what others have said that I am not letting my board point downhill to engage on the edge. I think I was doing better two weeks ago, but the icy conditions this past weekend set me back. I see what I should be doing - on the above video the long lazy s-turns is what I am striving for. At my age all I want to do is easily go down the hills - not interested in speed. The hardest part is that in seeing the carving videos you really have to bend your knees on your toe edge and I think that is going to be my major issue. I already have a very bad right knee and bending causes a lot of pain - so I am beginning to think that if I can just get to s-turns on a higher edge will be where I want to end up.

I can tell that yesterdays turns were more z-like turns and I was just afraid that if I didn't do z-like turns I would NEVER stop slidding.

Thanks for the comments and I will try again this weekend! Wish me luck!

Here's a video from 2 weeks ago when the conditions were better and I was trying to practice leaning per snowolfs advice. Couldn't do this last weekend....

Last edited by firstx1017; 03-13-2012 at 12:45 AM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote