Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - how NOT to do skidded turns on ice
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
firstx1017

Snowolf - so icy conditions with my knee problems what I was doing was okay I take it for that particular day? I agree the fast dynamic turns wouldn't suit my knee problems - when watching the sample video cocolulu provided just seeing how far bent and with almost all weight on his knees while on toeside just made my knee hurt WATCHING that! lol When the conditions are a little better like the weekend I was practicing turns - that's when I will try to practice more - it seems like last weekend I was just in survival mode and wasn't sure how to ride the terrain.

I'd rather work on higher edge angles (if I can EVER get there! lol) while on softer snow - not ice. And also try not to pivot the board and ride thru the and complete my turns. Next time it is like it was Sunday I will work on trying to keep the board down the fall line with low edge angles.

They are expecting snow this weekend - probably only an inch or two, but better than nothing. Thanks again!