Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - how NOT to do skidded turns on ice
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
firstx1017

lol @ snowolf - okay, I read over your post three times and all I can think of is, "how will this old lady remember ALL THAT???"

If I can just conquer the leaning and big S-turns and try to get higher on my edge I will consider my snowboarding a success as that seems low impact yet enough to have fun. At this age and with my sore knee - after 4 hours I have to go back to the condo and ice it and it really is painful, the next day I can usually only handle 2 hours and I'm done - carving just isn't going to be on my "bucket list" - nor is "bombing" down a hill! lol

My goal when I started was to just get down any blue run without freaking out and it being "fun" and to be relaxed and not tense.

We have three more weekends before the lease is up on the condo and then I will have to continue this drama next year! :-)

I just want to make the most out of these next few years before knee replacement turns into my reality.

Thanks Snowolf!
Vicki