Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rare Board
Thread: Rare Board
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
polemite

it's a neat graphic, and there's a bit of history behind it as well. in the mid ninties, i believe it was foursquare that ran an ad that was a series of pics of peter line slowly morphing into jim morrison in this pic. Jim morrison image by emeric_04 on Photobucket

i remember a lot of talk about it at the time- people saying damn, he really does look like jim morrison. it came out right as foursquare was getting off the ground, so it really helped launch the brand.

i'm guessing that this was where the inspiration came for that graphic.

all that being said, i've never run into anyone looking for that board. seen it for sale a few times, but never any action. same goes for most of his forum boards. the only one i wouldn't mind putting in my collection is the fear and loathing graphic, and only because i like fear and loathing. at this point in time, peter's only real collectable boards are his div23 boards. and they are rare! hold on to your board for a few more years and it might be more valuable. otherwise, don't expect too much if you try selling it.
polemite is offline   Reply With Quote