Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shred Ready Helmets - Anyone know anything about them?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
SBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
Maybe I need an admin to help me out, I don't know...

Hopefully it shows up earlier than they claimed, since the 1st week of April is likely to be nearing the end of the season locally, unless some serious spring snow rolls thru. I'm really hoping I never have to find out how hard of a hit it can take, just want the added protection factor just in case...
Suppose it could be me doing something wrong too. If you know anyone on the forum you might have them ping you to see if it gets through or check with the admin if you PM anyone else and don't get any response.

Their shipping policy sucks but they claim it is to save you money. Took forever to get mine but hopefully you have more luck. Not sure what it is like down there but the snow machine is in full blast mode up in the PNW, several feet have fallen in the last few days.

Better to have a helmet and not need it. Both my GF and I have hit our heads the last two weekends, something neither of us has done in the past few years. I was going fairly slow and buried my tip in warmed up goopy snow and the board came to a complete stop while I was snapped into the ground with my head taking the worst of it. Mild headache and slight case of whiplash that is still there two weeks later. Probably would have had at least a mild concussion without a helmet. GF was going much fast but nothing serious resulted, she was glad she had the helmet on.
SBK is online now   Reply With Quote