Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knee Problem
Thread: Knee Problem
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
Reason im worried is I'm on a job that requires me to walk 4 hours a day and this doesn't help much
Is it possible that you're getting a repetitive motion strain? What exactly is involved with your job? Can't remember what that code of ethics I signed said about giving advice to people over the internets, but I'm in occupational health and safety and you might want to try to figure out what's causing the pain.

If it is in fact work related, the company should be suggesting some kind of modified work scenario, and getting you treated. I've had cement finishers who were on their knees for 12 hours a day end up screwing themselves up so bad they almost couldn't walk for six months. Talk about a tough case to find modified work for!

If you don't know of a particular event that started the pain, when the doctor asks whether it happened at work or at home, say you don't know. It's an honest answer and there are ways of narrowing it down to a likely cause (in either work life or personal life).

Good luck! And don't be a pussy....
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote