Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ThirtyTwo Prime Boots
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Makes sense. Order from backcountry, their return policy is amazing.

AS I previously mentioned, they fit relatively true to size. I wear size 12 shoes and wear a size 12 prime. I should probably be wearing an 11.5 prime, but I use fairly large orthotics that take up a good amount of space. It can be difficult to tighten up, but I personally like the "powerwrap". It allows your toes to have a little bit more room by not keeping the toe box as tight. Heel hold is phenomenal. In the strange case that they don't hold your heels in place out of the box, stick the included jbars onto the liner and get them heat molded.

Also, I highly recommend pairing them up with a pair of Sole Ed Veisturs. Thirty Two's have decent footbeds, but they lack arch support and a deep heel cup.

Overall, the prime is a great boot. It's supportive, comfortable, and responsive.
QFT.

32's heel hold is solid. When you get them, note the tab on the lower section of the INNER laces. When tighening this down, pull from the top of the lace and this tab at the same time, then release the lower tab to fully tighten. This really snugs up the whole system nicely.