Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in Canada?? Or the Alps?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
nscullion001

Default Where to go in Canada?? Or the Alps?

I'm Irish but living in Sweden and only have a 3 day trip left this season in the biggest Swedish resort, but already planning ahead for a massive trip next season.

I love the look of some of the Canadian resorts but am not sure is it worthwhile me spending loads of money on flights over there when I can be in the Alps with a 2 hour flight. I love the way the Canadian resorts seem to have lots of tree line runs, which I am a big fan of. Has anyone been in both the Alps and Canada and can compare them for me to see if it is worth my while going so far?

Also, if I was to come to Canada, what resort would suit me best? I have about 35 days experience on the snowboard, I would say I am intermediate to strong intermediate. I fly down the black runs here in Scandanavia and have some experience in tree lined runs off the side of the pistes (blue and red pistes here with our European grading system), which I loved. I want to do more of those.

What resorts in Canada would be the best for me to look into. I want loads of powder and loads of tree line runs.

Obviously I looked at Whistler first, but am seeing mixed reports on here about the place, seems massive but overcrowded with very variable conditions?? True. Hearing good things about Revelstoke from on here. What other resorts should I be looking at?
nscullion001 is offline   Reply With Quote