Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GPS Snowboader!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Default GPS Snowboader!!!

So I have been looking into getting a GPS for a while, since every time I travel I end up paying like $5-$10 a day extra for the rental of the GPS (not that I need them all the time, but they make traveling easier on tight schedules). In the past I got a TomTom for $330 and in my opinion that brand sucks, the first time it got me lost in upstate New York and the second time it made a 5 hour trip into a 7 hour trip because it decided to take some country roads. They just have a horrible sense of direction and I found some maps to be outdated (I ended up returning it to the store). Well this time I ended up getting a Garmin Nuvi 200 for $169.00 new, not bad, it's a basic system, but it has some cool things plus Garmin is usually pretty reliable.

1. it has the option of human mode and I think it should be great to record top speeds snowboarding and average moving speeds too.

2. it also has elevation and coordinates, I found that to be pretty cool.

You can also download different icons to represent the car, and guess what? they have a snowboarder and they don't have a skier . And so it looks riding is getting more popular than skiing ever was .

He's a bit funny looking though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1892.JPG (168.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1893.JPG (156.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1894.JPG (161.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 04-27-2008 at 09:16 PM.