Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowbasin or beaver mtn. (urgent)

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  snowvols 
#1 ·
Staying in park city area and looking at the weather report for snowbasin and beaver mountain.
Both weather reports are the exact same with around 5-10 inches of snow tonight and 4 tommorow (snow level 7000 Feet).
Snowbasin is an hour and 20 minutes away, whereas beaver mountain is 2 hours.
All i want is fresh powder and because my dad is coming and he wont do double blacks as he broke his leg recently i need the ability to ride some fresh in blue and single black terrain.
Beaver mountain does not have express lifts or the vertical of snowbasin but that would be a fair sacrifice if it will be far less crowded.

So the question is snowbasin or beaver mountain for 5 - 10 inches of new snow.

#8 ·
Weather forecasts sucked, beaver and snowbasin got none the first night, weather was calling for like 10.
thanks for replies but as canyons got the 3rd most snow the night of two days ago, ended up going canyons yesterday, then today was planning on solitude as they had gotten a lot but then i realized my cough was actually bronchitis and every time i started moving i thought i was gonna die from lack of oxygen but couldnt miss that powder today so went to park city as it was closest to where i was staying so that if i needed to i could take an hour long break and go back. Was unable to hike :mad: cus of shortness of breath but still rode some sweet pow in the morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.