Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: 30+" in 48 hours so Dusk Tour after work
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowvols
Veteran Member

Default TR: 30+" in 48 hours so Dusk Tour after work

Well we got pounded on Sunday and Monday so I had to get out. I hadn't gotten on the new split yet so what is a better way to bust it's cherry than in 30"? I went up with a crew of two Ryans and myself. They were itching to get up too. We were going to hit Powder Park 3, but since we didn't start skinning until 6ish we opted for something more steep and with a few drops.

I wouldn't waste my time watching the video. I uploaded the wrong one so it has both sounds and now I am at my limit for uploading for the week. D'Oh!

Also there is no action shots since the snow was too deep to photograph. Terrible problem to have I know

Starting the skin looking into Mill D South

Looking at Kessler and God's Lawnmower area. I really want to bag this line this year ugh! It slid on this particular day down to the layer of facets. Crown of about 2-3' ran 1500' feet I believe. So maybe not this year.

Ryan taking a rest since he had a few too many a week ago and hurt his heel. What a trooper to push through

Looking into the Powder Park 3 area. It is on the second ridge behind all of the aspens. Would have taken too long to get to on this day. Sun went down in a hurry

Hanging out on top

Gobblers

Ryan decided to join us on the ridge as well

Like I said, no action shots but a fun DEEP day was had