Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Accomplishments
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

couple years older than me but I had a similar break called "college" and then "broke after college" from 18 to my mid/late 20's... where, let's just say I did not have my priorities in the right place... Glad to hear you're progressing like that still!!!

I also hit my first streetstyle rails this year including 180 on, i'll go 180 off a flat rail but was not feeling quite good enough to 180 off a down rail yet. i got pretty good at the bs 3's on small side hits and traverses on flat land even, but have an irrational fear of jumps since I wrecked myself on one two seasons ago. I decided to hit a few small jumps switch (first time ever hitting anything switch) and I started doing straighties and grabs again this year towards the end of the season on the 20+ footers again.

I am going to spend time this summer on a tramp & foam pit since I know I am only limiting myself mentally (failure to commit, due to that damned fear). Pretty sure after a few days in the foam pit I will be confident enough, and get that "air awareness". I would like to add backflips and 5's this summer.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote