Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Accomplishments
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Casual
Veteran Member

Sounds like you had a fun year too! Ya I undestand the whole "not have my priorities in the right place" thing... djing from 18-30 led me down some bad paths.

I wrecked myself a few years ago as well, I was rushing my progression. I am taking it step by step anow and I can tell you this, by the time I take a trick to a 25-30 ft jump there is no question as to whether I will land it, just as to whether I will try it lol. Go for the 180 off the down rail though, its way easier than you think... I mean come on your 180'ing on already! plus whats the worst that could happen your already at the end of the rail.

I dont have access to a trampoline or airbag but I need to work on my air awareness and turning my head, I know I can easily spin 5's and maybe 7's if I can get my head turning better, I tend to keep looking straight, which is fine for 3's but no way I can do beyond that. I over-rotated a front 3 the other day almost right to 540 ass plant... just poppped too hard off a 15', so ya I know they aren't that hard. I decided not to hit any jumps switch this year, just because I wanted to get my regular tricks down this season. I ride switch quite well though so that will be next season, do it all switch

Good luck on your backflips man, thats something I wish I could do but I just dont think it will happen now...
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote