Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Accomplishments
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Cool! Similar age and experience to the OP. I'm 30, started riding when I was 11, skied for 5 years before that. In my mid 20's I only went a couple times a year but have had some form of season pass for the last 5 years or so...

This year I had one goal in mind. Move from Ontario to the Rocky Mountains and not kill myself! So far mission accomplished! I'm hit most of the resorts on my bucket list already, and I'm saving a few for next year (KH, Castle, Revelstoke and Marmot basin).

The girlfriend has gone from beginner to comfortable intermediate. Not much scares her anymore on the hill, even if it means she still heelslides when she gets in over her head.

Biggest letdown this year? My legs! I've rode 27 days this year, you'd think my legs would be in good shape, but I'm consistently feeling like I'm mentally more ready than I am physically. Last year I had been working out 3 times a week before the season started and I was in pretty good shape. This year I started the season cold and figured I'd board my legs back into shape. Note for next year: hit the gym moron!!!

Maybe next year I'll start playing around with spin tricks. I keep telling myself that and then I never bother working on them.

edit: Oh yeah and while I was teaching my GF this year I did a lot of switch riding so I'm pretty comfortable with it now. Next year I'm going to spend a whole day riding switch. Maybe I'll do it this year id I'm bored one day at Nakiska...

Last edited by poutanen; 03-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote