Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Accomplishments
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Yeah I hear ya. In my teens and early 20's I rollerbladed everywhere around Toronto. That and mountain biking all the time. Didn't realize it then but I was in really good shape! Now I have to actually set aside time for it. Thinking about doing a lot of hiking, rock climbing, mt biking, etc. this year to keep the legs in shape instead of finding myself in mid october barely able to get off the couch.

As for someone to ride with, my GF is my only riding buddy at the moment, and it helps, but we're two totally different riders. I'll usually do one or two runs a day with her to be social, but otherwise we split up and do our own thing. I'm trying to convince my buddy from Ontario to move out here. He's 28 and started boarding a lot later in life, but I pushed him and he got really quick in a pretty short period of time. I need someone to push me faster through the glades so I'm not stopping a few times on a run at Fernie or Lake Louise.

But yeah, overall this season at these mountains has been nothing short of amazing. It's heaven living this close to this many resorts!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote