Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011/2012 Accomplishments
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Sounds like you had a fun year too! Ya I undestand the whole "not have my priorities in the right place" thing... djing from 18-30 led me down some bad paths.
Yeah I didn't go down any "bad paths" per se but I definitely made some choices that I would do differently, and my priorities definitely were not in the right place. YOu can't change it, and I don't regret it, but I definitely would be very different if - as the saying goes - I knew then what I know now.

Quote:
I dont have access to a trampoline or airbag but I need to work on my air awareness and turning my head, I know I can easily spin 5's and maybe 7's if I can get my head turning better, I tend to keep looking straight, which is fine for 3's but no way I can do beyond that.
It's the awareness and the failure to commit for me> I fail to commit because I'm scared because I got hurt and because I'm not comfortable. HOping the foam pit solves that. I know I can spin. Used to inline a lot back in the '90s and could throw 5's with ease and huck 7's over gaps and stuff. The mechanics on a board are quite a bit different, but I think conceptually it is similar.

Quote:
Good luck on your backflips man, thats something I wish I could do but I just dont think it will happen now...
we'll see if I get the balls to take it on snow. pretty sure I will try a few in the foam though I'll get video if I can

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1