Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I thought I was witnessing a death or a VERY injured person last month at Sunshine...

We were heading up one of the lifts, and there were three runs parallel to the lift. One on the right about the height of the chairs, the run under the lift, and the one on the left about 20 vertical feet down from there.

Well out of the corner of my eye I see this guy on skis drop off the side of the run on the right, cross under the lift at 90 degrees, and launch off a lip on the side of the middle run! He was right around the tree tops for the lower run, we see him fall behind some trees, and the next thing you know he comes carving hard down the run on the left.

We were all looking at each other like WTF just happened! As we got up closer we saw his launch point, and saw his landing about 50' down the slope where it met with the lower run. There was a pocket of about a foot of powder and I guess he scouted it out to cushion his landing. But holy F* I've been on the slopes for 24 years and never seen anything like that!!! I was sure he was going to hit a tree top and come crashing hard back to earth...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote