things that are important to me:
- waterproof rating (I end up in the snow a lot, so it's important)
- wrist gators are nice but not critical
- good neck seal
- I've had sleeve pockets, didn't use them.
- length and adequately roomy so I can wear armour under it.
- removable hood.
- Lots of pockets, that seal well.
- A zipper that doesn't stick (my biggest complaint with my Special Blend)
- A zipper that unzips from either end (more important for males)
In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.