Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Raiden Blackhawks from Dogfunk ...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Default Raiden Blackhawks from Dogfunk ...

Ok got the raiden blackhawks from Dog Funk. Seems like a nice binding. Couple things.

The box was missing the washers. Kind of a bummer. The bindings don't look used, but the bag the screws are in, looked a bit old. Whatever, I can buy washers if I need them, however ... even without the washers, the screws barely fit into the inserts. Raiden has the binding disc that is two parts, bottom plastic top metal. Really really weird that the included screws barely grab even without the washers.

I'm leaving for Tahoe in the morning so I don't have time to request new screws, but was wondering if that was normal.

Kind of bummed that the binding doesn't have a lot of foward/backward options. I have more heel than toe on my boots and I did adjust the heelcup but that barely moves. Maybe a couple millimeters. It's slight and not crazy, but wished I could get my boot 100% centered. Or even slightly forward. Oh well.

The ratchets are like butter though. Great ratchets dry and warm. Let's see how they perform in the snow but so far the smoothest I've seen.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote