Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mammoth/June Powder Week!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

more mammoth pix

it was more powder in the trees on the backside until they opened up the top. When that happened it was a mad exodus to the gondola. I ran into a friend on the way up and e did some laps off the top. I try to do something scary every time I'm out and since conditions were good today I went for it. Did a double black off the top with a 4 foot drop into it. I actually rode up to the lip and saw how far down I had to go and freaked. I thought about turning around but there was already two skiiers behind me. I offered to let them go, they said "nope. You're commited" I thought ok, time to sack up and do this. I kinda wussed a bit as I sat down and sort of lowered myself down. Keep in mind I am not even five foot tall and this was a decent drop for me! I landed ok, skidded a bit and was able to make it down. I probably screamed pretty fucking loud too. Ran into a friend another friend I had not seen since Christmas. He just got into town that morning and asked if I wanted to go back to June tomorrow. Hell yes!

Last edited by mixie; 03-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote