Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Should I put Diodes or Prophecy on Gnu Billygoat
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Well now I have Diodes and prophecys.... Picked up some diodes from the resort shop for as good as price as I've ever seen online.

Threw them on with high backs set at 2.5 forward lean.. Wow. I took one ride down the mountain and these things are stiff. I had so much heel edge dig / stability on a quick stop it was crazy. 2.5 seemed like too much forward lean, so I dialed it back for the next day. I only did one run the first day I got them because it was end of day, my third powder day (insane deep 3rd powder day) with two days off, one those two day was squat day in the gym... if I'd only known more epic powder was coming I would have never worked out my fried buttery legs.

Second day I rode but not much. The less aggressive forward lean was nice. There when I need it but not in my face. These bindings definitely give confidence when speed picks up, I hit a gps of 59.xx mph and didn't even feel like I was hauling that much ass, I don't really ride for speed nor was I trying to do a speed run. . Gps could have been off, but I find its usually pretty accurate. It's the ski tracks app. They will also take some getting used to manipulating in tight areas. this is nothing more than a learning curve.

I will definitely be playing with the forward lean some more. One thing I think is weird is that you can't rotate the high backs to be parallel with the board without also effecting the forward lean.

I'm thinking I'll give a tad more forward lean, but not 2.5 worth.

They're 133 grams lighter than the prophecys, and a good portion of that is the straps. I like the diode straps so much better, lite lite lite!

The one thing I didn't like and it's not a huge deal is that ice builds up on the foot bed. This didn't happen with the prophecys, and I don't think it happened with the cartels either.

I'll have more and better info after these legs recover from 5 days of pure workout....
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote