Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to handle steeper blues?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I can handle most terrain, although not the fastest or steadiest by any stretch. But the one type of terrain that just gives me fits is moderate to steep blue runs when the snow is chopped up. I know that for real diagnostics you'd need a vid, and I don't have one. But is there perhaps a video someone can point to of a not-totally-professional snowboarder going down that type of terrain properly? If I can review how it should be done, maybe I can figure out what's giving me problems.
Don...When the snow is chopped up..and transformed....frozen or chunked up it sucks for everybody...not just for you. I try to avoid leg eating snow like that, horrid frozen moguls, very deep traced pow...when going trough someone else's trace is like stepping down 2 feet...deadly for the knees. It's just fatiguing. I try to stay on top of the snow heaps and surf it like a wave if I Can ..avoiding the step up-down movement. A stiff board might help plow trough it.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote