Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full body armor
Thread: Full body armor
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
handscreate

I wear the Pro-Tec Impact shorts with the foam, not the hard armor. I found the plastic armor to be too restrictive & bulged under my pants (almost looked like I crapped myself or something of the sort). You should also look into Alpinestars & SixSixOne (661) upper body full armor. They're designed for motocross & ATV, and the big hits those guys take while riding. Some of the armor also includes a kidney belt, which is very helpful for protecting your internal organs from flopping around or getting detached if/when you eat shit or bail. I wear a kidney belt everyday I'm on the mountain, regardless if I try some features or not that day.

The protective gear you picked out looks pretty legit, but I suggest you also look at some of the motocross/dirtbike protective armor as well, as it's all designed for impact into handlebars, rocks, trees, ramps, etc - a lot of the same stuff we risk collision with on the mountain. I used to sell these over a lot of other protective gear in my dealerships because the guys who rode dirt in the shops swore by them. Just wanted to toss out some other options for high end armor.
handscreate is offline   Reply With Quote