Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Full body armor
Thread: Full body armor
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
handscreate

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4snow View Post
handscreate, I looked at Dainese protection. It's looks very nice. But then I found Forcefield and somehow liked it better. It meets motocross standards. Actually they have one product, which is top motorcycle armor past few years: Forcefield Pro Sub 4 Back Protector | Forcefield Body Armour and Climate Control But it's only back protector. And I want to protect all upper body.
Dianese is nice, but very expensive and sometimes overpriced because of the name on it. I only suggested those brands to you because they make very high quality armor that can take a beating without beating up you or your wallet. They're also likely more easy to find in a local shop to try on & check out in person, as fit with armor is extremely important. If the armor is too small it will be uncomfortable, too large & it slides around and doesn't do what it's designed to. On top of that, everyones sizes are slightly different & no 2 larges, etc are exactly alike. You may also find that 1 over another fits a certain area better, such as forearms/elbows, shoulders, back. In the end, you have to be happy with the armor you purchase, I just wanted to throw out some additional suggestions that you may not have looked at because they're not marketed to snowboarders. I'd still check them out at your local motorcycle shop if you have one & have the ability to
handscreate is offline   Reply With Quote