Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Raiden Blackhawks from Dogfunk ...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Thanks guys. Turns out, even with the slight set back on the bindings (a little more heel than toe) it was great on the mountain. Setup on a Coda I took it to squaw and alpine meadows. Great setup, better than the K2 Uprise on the Coda. I set the highback forward lean halfway, and when cruising (with short bursts of bombs ) it had a great response. But when setup that way, on jumps I was off balance. So at the top of the park, I set it back to zero, and was back to being balanced off jumps again. Taking it down the solitude chair on squaw, that zero highback definitely affected response, but not a whole lot.

What sucks is my back binding kept coming loose slightly. Gotta drop some nail polish or blue loctite on it.

Another thing about stance width. Thinking the stance I had on it was too long (I'm a short guy at 5'6") I brought it in one notch on the second day. oh my fucking god my left knee on the outside hurt so bad after just one run I was almost done for the day. I seriously thought I tore a ligament and the rest of my trip was shot. It hurt so bad just walking up a staircase or even standing weird made the pain unbearable. The next day I adjusted the binding back to where it was and on the first run my knee still hurt. But after 2 runs it went away. Skating to the lift still hurt, but I was fine. Never thought just one notch on the stance width would affect me like that.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote