Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Blisters from new BOA boots! Help!!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
kung-POW

Default Blisters from new BOA boots! Help!!

Hey guys, I scored a wicked deal on a pair of DC judges last week, and took them up to my local mountain last Sunday. I must say, they were heaps and bounds better than my old boots in terms of performance. Now here comes the shitty part. About 3 hours in of riding, I noticed some pain on both my shins. I ignored it (dumb move) since I was having such a blast ripping around the mountain. By the time I took off my boots (which was about 6 hours of riding), I realized that I had 2 huge blisters which had bubbled up on both my shins. Needless to say, it got infected, and now I can barely walk. What do you guys think happened? Did I tighten them too much? I didn't feel at any point that I was cutting off circulation or felt it was overly tight. Or are the boots just not the right fit for me? Oh! I forgot to mention that my boarding socks were in the washer, and I was running late, so I rode with just regular socks. I'm thinking it might of been because my socks rolled down while I was riding, leaving my skin exposed to rubbing against the boot. I really love these boots, but if this shit were to happen again, I'd have to give them up on craigslist.

Forgot to mention, these are the first pair of BOA's I've ever ridden.