Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting over the speed fear and keeping weight centered
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRider View Post
1) Is it safe to run bomb down a green run on a flat board as an exercise to get accustomed to the speed?
2) What are some drills on that I might try to develop the muscle memory and posture for keeping my weight centered or slightly forward?
3) I'm recovering from knee surgery on my right (I ride regular) leg as well, so i can flex the knees and ankles to an extent, but my quads get fatiguied pretty quickly. I'm building strength in rehab so this problem will eventually go away. However, when people say "get low" how low do they mean?

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

1) Don't start from the top. Start toward the end and gradually increase. get used to the speed.
2) Long boarding. Or on the snowboard just move your hips back and forward along the board shifting your weight. Higher angles on your bindings (both positive) help too.
3) more than just low, keep your knees flexed and ready to absorb the ride. Rest and repeat paying attention to what's coming and adapting your posture to it.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is online now   Reply With Quote