Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting over the speed fear and keeping weight centered
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRider View Post

My fiance loves to ride, so this year, I commmitted myself to at least being able to learn to ride on blues so that I can join her.
aww. that is so sweet.

Contrary to all the other advice here have you thought about buying some serious protection i.e. Helmet, wrist guards, hip pads and then spend some time learning how to fall properly. My suggestion after that would be to knock back a strong drink or two at the bar and go for it.

It's easier to learn with some momentum. And if you are too busy worrying about getting hurt (which is understandable) you won't be able to focus on your riding. That injury on the rope tow sounds brutal. Stay away from that thing. You probably can't hurt yourself as bad as that on a green run. I just tweaked my ankle bad doing something stupid with one foot strapped in....I know how it goes.

So, go on. Get all padded up, get liquored up then toss your self down an empty green run. Learn to get over your fear of speed and you can sober up and focus on all the details

Last edited by mixie; 03-28-2012 at 06:21 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote