Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - the 2013 Burton Genesis ReFlex Bindings...
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
604al

After a few hours of riding them, here's my thoughts:
- the ankle strap is very comfortable, just like the malavitas, but feel more locked in.... which i think is a good feeling. I could never tolerate the cartel ones for longer than an hour. On a side note, the cartel ankle strap has changed for 2013, like a smaller react strap.
- the toe strap holds just as good, if not better than the regular rubber gettagrips. I think removing the rubber strip in the middle cutout makes a difference, and I may cut the rubber strip out of my other gettagrip bindings, which could move if not ratcheted tight, despite being grippier than the foam on the genesis/diode.
- the new highback WORKS... on my 2011 malavitas I prefer them with zero adjustment, my 2012 cobrasharks at f2 i think, and these at f3... the "suspension" piece and back piece are both soft and with my settings I could feel the highback even in a relaxed stance... which I liked. During heelside turns the response was there, and felt great even through bumps keeping the heelside edge... ZERO CALF BITE!!!!! the highback is secure and comfortable.
- the baseplate flexes less than my reflex malavitas... again I like this.

My only concern with these bindings is the flimsy feeling of the highbacks, but everything else I LOVE... zero pressure points with a locked in feeling that was extremely comfortable.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote